Sunday, December 6, 2015

Week 19: New Companion ~ November 30, 2015

Well the first week with Hermana Sanchez has been awesome! From a companion perspective.  The work is the same.  We had one investigator actually show up for church and she can't get baptized because she's only 16 and her mom won't give consent.  But it's still good that she was there.

Today someone walked up to me in the street and started speaking English. I'm not going to lie to you guys it freaked me out a little bit.  Turns out I don't speak english anymore.  We may be in Mexico but when I told him I was from Utah, he still asked me the question "So are you a Mormon?" Haha. I told him that I am and he asked me for an "English Bible" haha. I told him I didn't have anything with me in English but if he wanted we could bring him a Book of Mormon in English. At this point we were in the bus and we spent the whole bus ride talking about the book of Mormon and what we do as missionaries.  We can't teach him because he doesn't live in our area but he said that he has a friend in the US who recently joined the church and is really interested in hearing about the church.  

So maybe things aren't going great in our area but the are people here who want to hear the gospel!

Keep praying for me.  I'll keep praying for you all.
Love you!


Hermana Schmidt



No comments:

Post a Comment