Saturday, February 20, 2016

Week 28: Ask in Faith ~ February 1, 2016

Hola Familia! 

I have almost no time. I guess everyone felt bad for not writing me the last few weeks and decided to write me today. Ah. And what's worse is I have a lot to write this week.
  
Basically the bad news is that María didn't come to church this week. She had a meeting with a group of people she's been study computers with and didn't make it.  So we're going to have to change her baptismal date.But the good news is that she still wants to get baptized! 

Saturday the whole mission went to Leon because Elder Renlund came to visit us. Bishop Causse and... someone of the 70 also came. I also had one of the most embarrassing experiences of my whole mission. He greeted each of us and he asked me where I was from. I said Salt Lake. He asked me what part and I FORGOT ENGLISH! The whole language. I could get any word out.  It was terrible. After a few seconds of awkward stuttering he asked me where I went to high school. He definitely is from close by because he said "Oh. So you're an eagle." But the whole experience was really awesome.  In order to prepare we studied three talks. One was Ask in Faith by Elder Bednar, which I loved. Also Converted unto the Lord, also by Elder Bednar, and Through God's Eyes by Elder Renlund. All very good you should read them. It's especially interesting to read them all together and see how they relate.

Then on Sunday we had a special stake conference with Elder Maynes, also a seventy. It was also very educational.

Well, we'll keep working hard here and praying for you at home.

Love you!
Hermana Schmidt




No comments:

Post a Comment