Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 44 ~ May 23, 2016 ~ One Crazy Week

Well this has official been the craziest week of my mission so far. Tuesday Hermana Pacheco went home. I literally cried in the bus station. I felt like I was losing the opportunity to have an angel as my companion. But it's better that she can go home and heal and then finish with less pain. Or continue with the mission that God will assign her at home. 

After that we went to pick up my new companion Hermana Lopez. We had a good few days together but Saturday she also went home for some problems with her ankle. So that left me without a companion. Presidente had told me that they would bring someone from another area, but at the last minute changed his mind and right now I'm with the sister training leaders and we're trying to work out a way to work in both of our areas. It has been super crazy. But we think we've found someone willing to go with me for a few days to my area and then after that... we'll work something out. Or maybe Presidente will have decided on a more long term solution. But I think he kind of wants to wait because in June 4 new sisters are coming to the mission and only one is leaving. So he doesn't want to close areas just to open them again in less than a month. 

Something super funny that happened two weeks ago is I went to the dermatologist so that she could look and a mole that I have and we walk in and she says to me "What brought you in today? Your face?" and me "No... :(" Jajaja. Even after she saw my mole she ended up writing me a prescription for something to help my face.  I was kind of upset at first but now I just think it's funny and it is helping. It's hot so I sweat a lot and that combined with a lot of sunscreen has not left my skin super beautiful and I guess I should be grateful that she was concerned. 

We have been working hard and the Lord is providing for the rest. Keep us in your prayers.
Love you all!

Hermana Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment