Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 48 ~ June 21, 2016 ~ Cambios!

Well I had one of the best weeks ever last week. We spent the whole week getting Irma ready for her baptism and Saturday night her son Alfonso baptized her and it was absolutely amazing. When she came out of the font she gave me a huge hug and then said "oh no. I got you all wet" (which was true) but I didn't even care and just kept hugging her. 

We also saw a lot of progress in our investigator José. He didn't drink the whole week and came to every activity, including the baptism. 

Saturday when we were waiting to start the baptism the zone leaders called me to tell me I was going to be training a new missionary! I was super excited and assumed it would be in my area in Aguas. (both because it's pretty rare that they transfer people when they're going to train and because it would mean sending two new missionaries to the area where I was) but they told me that I would be training and opening a new area. I felt a lot of things when they told me that. Excited, nervous and also really sad because I LOVE the ward where I was. But I knew one day I was going to have to leave. The good news is I knew ahead of time so I could take fotos. 

Sunday was a really bitter-sweet day. Irma was confirmed a member of the church and we had 4 investigators at church, 2 of which have baptismal dates. At the end of sacrament meeting the bishop announced over the pulpit that I was going to have transfers and asked me to come up and bear my testimony. When I got to the stand one of the counselors whispered to me "without crying please" I am pleased to report that I did not cry but it was close. 

Then after the services ended we were all outside and taking pictures and all three of the people who got baptized while I was there expressed their gratitude to me and that pretty much made me want to sob. And I realized how much I have love this area and how comfortable I have felt there. I really felt like it was my home and it was incredibly hard to leave. Even more so because I didn't know where I was going. 
Monday I went to pick up my new companion and found out that we would be going to San Luis Potosi. My companion is Hermana Machado and she is from Columbia. We are going to have a lot of challenges here in San Luis but I learned in my last transfer that God always takes good care of his missionaries. 

Pray for me to learn my way around quickly. Love you all!
Hermana Schmidt

ps I forgot my camera but I will sent fotos next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment