Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 46 ~ June 6, 2016 ~ Still Companionless

It is such an odd experience to be without a companion. (I obviously am never alone but I technically do not have an assigned companion right now) I've had various sister from the locally wards making visits with me for a few hours or even coming with me for a few days. It's been a lot of work to coordinate everything but I've felt really blessed and seen how God has blessed my life and the lives of everyone around me as we've made the best of a less than ideal situation. One really striking example was last Sunday when the sister who was going to go with me to my area for the day called us 2 minutes before sacrament meeting started to tell us she couldn't make it. At first I felt super stressed and was just praying and praying, asking God what I should do. And I really clearly felt "Don't worry. I know what's going on. I'll take care of it." And I just immediately felt calm and sat through the rest of the meeting without a worry. At the end of the meeting with asked one of the young single adults if she would be willing to go to my area with me for the day and she said yes. Later she told me that the day before she went to the temple and while she was there she was praying and asking for one more day as a missionary. It was so neat to see how God answered both of our prayers. 

Even with everything that has been going on Irma, the mother of our two recent converts Alfonso and Marco, has been coming to church and she says that she is going to be baptized on the 18th. I still feel that she's doing it more for her sons than because she believes it but I have no doubt that she will have a testimony by the 18th. Saturday we taught her the message of the restauration and it was a really powerful lesson. I don't think I'll ever forget it. It was her and her two sons who are members of the church. We shared the story and then one of her sons testified about Joseph Smith and the other about the book of Mormon. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cried but it was still powerful. 

Well I hope all is well there in the US. They tell me it's getting hot there. Welcome to the hot. Supposedly it's going to start getting cooler here but I'll believe it when I feel it. The good news is we can use hats and sunglasses now. The bad news is there going to make us use pants. I'll keep you updated on that.

Love you all!

Hermana Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment