Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 47 ~ June 13, 2016 ~ Last week of my 8th transfer #hayquebautizar

Well when Presidente first told me I would be without a companion the whole transfer I felt like I would never end, and now it's the last week and I can't believe it.

The good news is that Irma is excited for her baptismal date and if everything goes according to plan she will be baptized Saturday night. I am also super excited because Alfonso received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and he will be the one to baptize her. Unfortunately her other son made some poor choices (well really one) but the point is he won't be able to confirm her. We offered to postpone her baptism so that he could get everything worked out but she said no. So that's kind of sad but I'm happy for Irma and for Alfonso. 
We also met a new investigator this week named Cesar and he is really excited about the church. He is really humble and is so full of faith. I really think he should progress rapidly. José (I don't remember if I wrote about the drunk guy who contacted us in the street and then was actually lucid when we went to visit him) but he has really been working hard and is progressing towards a July 2nd baptismal date. And the wife of the Paredes' family came to church! That was really exciting. I wish it had been everyone but it was nice to see that she made the effort. 

Well keep praying for us. And that it will rain at night. (That may seem oddly specific but if it rains during the day we get wet but at night lowers the temperature for the whole day.) It's better when it rains at night. 

Love you all!

Hermana Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment